Breath of Zehir
Noctus lies at the foot of Tiamat’s Teeth and the source of the river Vulcan. It is a new village built by Ghuladon’s worshipers at the crossroads of her lair. It is inhabited by the yuan-ti, medusa, undead, and snaketongue cultists that serve her.
- Population: 800. About half the population is human snaketongue cultists, with half again consisting of lizardfolk, shadar-kai, dragonborn, and other humanoids drawn to the worship of Ghuladon. The upper caste consists of the Medusa and Yuan-ti who lead her cult. Mindless undead are kept outside the town walls.
- Government: Theocracy. The worship of Zehir unifies all residents.
- Defense: The village relies on the powerful Medusa and Yuan-ti and a small army of trained reptiles, including drakes, wyverns, and basilisks. A full-out assault may incur the wrath of the dragon herself.
- Commerce: General supplies are bartered and sold but magical items and treasures are traded privately between residents.
- Taverns: The Long Night Inn, Greenscale’s Tavern.